Monday, October 29, 2012

Double, Double Toil and Trouble, Fire Burn, and Caldron Bubble...


 *******************************************************

Halloween is near

Last weekend, me and my girls (and their friends) took our annual trip to the Circleville Pumpkin Show. We always have a good time (see picture above); I even made it home with a new piece of art glass from Jack Pine Studio (see picture below).


On the sewing front, I have Maria's Gatsby dress cut out and ready to be sewn, and I had just enough crepe to make it - in other words, there isn't any spare fabric left for oopsies - no pressure. (Did I mention the crepe is 39"? Yah, laying out a pattern efficiently on narrower material, it's amazing the difference 5" will make, especially on my patience - lol!). 

And guess what I did? I finally made myself a fun little witch-y costume! I have wanted to make one for Halloween forever and I broke down this week and made it! I had all the material (stuff I accumulated over the years and held on to) so I didn't spend a dime (I love these sorts of sewing projects). The bodice is constructed of a heavy twill lining (boned lightly at the seams) and black taffeta. The skirt and sleeves have a layered construction made from burnt orange bridal satin, black netting, and black organza:






I'm ready for All Hallows Eve - just need to pull my broom out of the closet - ;) Blessings and happy sewing!

2 comments: