Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Tarragon, Chives, Lemon Balm, Oregano
Saturday before all the girls arrived for the Ladies' Tea, I spent my morning out in my garden harvesting some herbs - chives, tarragon, lemon balm, and oregano. It's strange collecting the first harvest of the year so early (June is usually when I pull out the shears), but it's all this rain, rain, and more rain! I believe, if I heard correctly, that Ohio has surpassed the average rainfall for May by 3x. While my garden might love it, by basement sure doesn't. I own a 100-year old house - in my neighborhood, on a good rainy day, you can hear the hum and squeal of shop vacuums sounding from every direction - lol! And it's not just the rain, but the freaky temperature - 40s and 50s during the day? In May? Last week, we Ohioans had this three-day 85 degree spell with 90% humidity. What's up with that? Mama Nature needs a Xanax, already - lol!

Despite the strange weather conditions looming over the great Buckeye State, I refuse to believe that summer isn't coming, so I started working on some summer clothes last night, completing a little chiffon halter top I plan on wearing to the Kent State Costume Museum in June with Tonia, PJ, and Elma. Picture it: My chiffon halter with a red tube-top or bandeau, dark-blue skinny jeans, wedge sandals, hair piled  on top of my head, and rocking some red door-knocker earrings? Sweet! lol! 

This little number didn't take me but a couple hours to make last night. I double layered the chiffon to make the halter more opaque and less flimsy. I thought about making a belt for it, but with the neck tie in the back, I thought this might be a bit much and take away from the aesthetic of the halter. Anyway, I love it!

Now, if the rain would stop, the skies clear up, and the sun shine a bit...

2 comments:

  1. Cute halter top! Now, if I can just skinny my butt down, I may have to find that pattern and make a few. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child, you are the same size as me - well, your girls are bigger than mine! lol! I have given up on slimming and decided to own my size 14 derrière. I discovered that when I wear clothes that actually fit and compliment my assets, I look good! I need your girls, though - I'm jealous! lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete