Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Old West Festival

Saturday was my first visit to the Old West Festival in Williamsburg, Ohio (just outside of Mt. Orb). Despite the very chilly and wet weather, I had a great time visiting all the shops, seeing my old merchant friends, and talking to the festival owner about vending at the show next year. This is the Old West Festival's fourth year in the run and it is growing quickly. Because it is a family oriented event, it is a friendly show - there is plenty of food, music, and entertainment for everyone. October 8-9 is the last weekend for this season's show; it is only $10 general admission with special admission prices for children. Here are a few pictures from the show:

Crowd gathering for the target shooting show

Me and Annie (I can't go anywhere...)

Main Street

Me and Marie

Wes, the town smithy (Black Flag Forge)


Tonia, expressing her opinion of my photography between bites of funnel cake...

One of many talented musicians...

The Old West Festival is a juried show and they are always looking for talented crafters to add to their merchant family - if interested, please visit the festival's crafting link for additional information. I hope to see you there! 

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to come out and visit! Wish the weather had been better but it was still a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a good time (I liked the soggy weather!) - and I have to tell you, Wes, that rattlesnake chili was good stuff they were serving up over yonder! lol! Really enjoyed seeing you and Maranda - hoping we can be neighbors - :)

    ReplyDelete