To sewing! I remade the second petticoat, swapping out and recycling the original linen petticoat that I had made last week for a white stain one. The reason I did this is totally functional. My gauze skirt was getting caught up in the linen petticoat and they were bunching together to annoyance with any greater movement than a light sway. Both linen and gauze fabrics have moderately clingy textures, therefore I needed to offset this clinginess with a slick fabric, so I constructed the white satin petticoat, which instantly did the trick. There was an unintended bonus to this switch: because satin is a crisp material (the satin that I used, anyway), it added a little more fullness to the understructure of my gown without adding weight. I like this.
I constructed my gauze skirt, which I love! There was quite a bit of pleating, but the affect is lovely and soft.
Then I began the toile for my jacket - which is in the very beginning stages, as you can see. As I am piecing things together and cutting the shapes on my dummy, I make notes all over my pieces (it's my method of madness, I suppose - lol).
I'm not sure if I'm going to do a two or three tiered capelet look, or whether I'm going to construct the back en fourreau. I'm also considering a sash - whatever the case, it's all rolling around in my mind. Now to make up my mind.
PS: Happy Lover's Day - may you be showered with a million chocolate kisses...