Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers

~My garden in bloom: Lemon balm, oregano, and lavender~
May is here and with it brings the promise of celebration, sunshine, and summer! I love having my house open to the fresh air  and the smell of my garden (even my compost bin, because it reminds me that all things are in order and as they should be). It's all good stuff! And, my youngest daughter is graduating in June - for the first time in nearly 20 years I will not have to prod a tired and protesting child out of her bed for school, pack lunches, wash school uniforms, fork over cash for countless school functions, attend school functions, sign permission slips, praise a report card, scold a detention, volunteer as student chauffeur, and bake, bake again, and bake some more for every school fund raiser under the sun. What the hell am I going to do with myself? lol!

Over the last week, aside from all the high school graduation preparation going on, I have been expanding and converting my sewing tutorials into PDFs for those readers who wish to download and maintain a copy on their own PCs or laptops, and writing these same tutorials in HTML for those who own an e-reader (Kindle, iPad, etc.) so that they may readily view them on their respective devices. I am very excited about sharing these tutorials and making them more accessible to everyone.

And yes, I have been sewing! I've been slowly working on Maria's dress for the Ladies' Tipsy Tea, and it's coming along nicely. I have the body of the dress completed. I just need to hand sew in the bodice lining, construct the pleated portrait neckline at the shoulders, and make the sash for the waist. Here's a look: 

~Initial bodice toile~

~Restructured bodice toile~

~Skirt to the dress~

~Partially constructed bodice~

Here's wishing you a wonderful start to May - blessings and happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment