Monday, June 4, 2012

Four (more) Antique Patterns and a Sundress

Oh, I've been a pattern hussy lately - lol! I have many wonderful vintage patterns from the 1940s and 1950s, but none from the 1920s and 1930s. So, I've been scouring the net and purchasing as I go. Aside from the two dress and three shirt patterns I purchased last week, I have three more '20 dress patterns on the way this week- I think I might start looking for undergarment, hat, and other accessory patterns, but these are far rarer and more expensive, as you would expect (and my thrifty nature forces me to consider every cent - oh, dear!). I'm pretty good at tracking down great deals, though. And, if I can't find something now, I certainly will later (there's new and wonderful bargains popping up everywhere, all the time)!

In the meantime, when I'm not trolling the net for goodies, I finished my little halter sundress for the Lavender Solstice Festival in two weeks. Imagine me, in my peachy-pink dress dancing around in a luscious field of lavender - it's better than The Sound of Music (not really, but it's a nice, if not amusing, thought) - lol! Here's my dress:







Blessings and happy sewing ("...and the hills are alive, with the sounds of music...")!

2 comments:

  1. Wow those patterns are awesome! Do you ever see children's patterns of that era in your searching? If so can you divulge your internet sources? And that pink dress is really beautiful. I believe a photo of it on you in the lavender fields is now obligatory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see quite a few children's patterns, actually - a good source is Etsy. I have found a few on Ebay, but you have to be careful here - many Ebay sellers aren't well acquainted with sewing patterns and their descriptions are wanting (certainly ask the seller if you have any doubts). Most of these patterns run anywhere from $10-$30, and for antique patterns in good condition, this is reasonable.

    Also, there are many vintage pattern sites that carry children's patterns - they tend to be a bit pricey, though (like The Vintage Fashion Library). However, it never hurts to window shop!

    Thank you - I like my little dress a lot! And yes, I will post the obligatory picture of me in my dress in the lavender fields. However, I won't be singing, that would be unkind to those around me - lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete