Thursday, June 28, 2012

Smoldering

~Herbs on their drying racks~
It is a smoking 103 degrees Fahrenheit in the great State of Ohio today, and not a blessed cloud in the sky. No real breeze to speak of either (as the forecast promised), but the humidity is only 38 percent. I suppose that's okay for Hell - lol!

I have spent most of the this week harvesting and drying herbs for the winter. Yesterday I prepared all the dried herbs (removing all the stems, etc.) and bagged them (there is nothing more relaxing and aromatically soothing than prepping herbs). The heat and lack of rain is scorching my spearmint. I watered my mint very well this morning and covered it with muslin to protect it from the blazing sun. Tomatoes are loving the heat, though!

~Lavender buds being removed from the stalks~

~A bowl of lavender buds - smells so good!~

~Lavender, lemon balm, oregano, rosemary, and tarragon~

I did sew! I had some left over fabric from my 1940s dress and I made myself a dressy halter top from it - something a little hip for a summer evening out with the the beautiful hubs. I have in mind to wear the halter up with a pair of skinny jeans or a white pair of skinny capris, and a pair 3-4" strappy sandals. I love halters!








The next big costuming project is a Regency gown for this year's Regency Picnic in September. However, me, Tonia, and our motley crew of costuming kin are planning on attending Chillicothe During the War of 1812, being held at the beautiful Adena Mansion & Gardens July 21-22. We'd like to go in costume and I think I might like to make a Regency gown especially for it. We will see how ambitious I am feeling - lol! 

Blessings and happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment