Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Historically Inspired Garments at the Adena Mansion

The trip to the Adena Mansion & Gardens last Saturday provided many wonderful photo opportunities, especially those featuring the historically inspired clothing worn by many of the reenactors. Here are several fine examples:


Simply sweet - I adore the pattern of her dress fabric!

A very neat and well-fitted gentleman's ensemble

I really like the vests, the suspenders, and the stovepipe hat

So cheery (and I love her props)!

This gentleman's frock, breeches, boots, cravat - very nice!

Although simple in design, this gentleman's wool frock is well made

His garments looked the most comfortable to me - love the specs and hat

Fine ivory wool breeches which button at the calves - like!

Ivory wool breeches button detail

Mustering out...

This lovely lady sports a wonderful wire-framed bonnet...

Bonnet side detail
Bonnet back detail

Bonnet shirring detail
Bonnet stitching detail

Bonnet interior detail (and wire frame)

Bonnet back detail

I thought I missed a photo opportunity....

...but I caught her by the lou - lol! Miss Vivian was very gracious - :)

Dress back detail

Dress side back detail

Dress sleeve detail

Dress bodice detail

Tucked hem detail

Bonnet side front

Bonnet side back


Such inspiring handiwork! And, a big Thank You to all of those reenactors who allowed me the privilege of violating them with my camera - lol! Next post, photographs detailing the extant garments of the Worthington Family. Blessings and happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great snaps! The Blue bonnet is amazingly, bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angela! The bonnet is a very bright blue - it certainly got my attention! :)

    ReplyDelete