Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Adena Mansion

This year, the Adena Mansion & Gardens, in Chillicothe, Ohio, is celebrating the War of 1812 with its Bicentennial Muster. Yesterday, me and girls spent the day there, took a tour of the great house, explored the outbuildings and the beautiful grounds, and talked to many of the talented reenactors (and admired their well-sewn garments). Here some pictorial highlights:

Front entrance to the mansion

Front left of the mansion

Front right of the mansion

Back view of the mansion from the perennial garden

Back view of the mansion from the kitchen garden

Foyer of the mansion

First room off the foyer

The window slide locks will open into doors - nifty!




Notice the "Lazy Susan" or rotary shelves (right)

The dining room

Second set of "Lazy Susan" or rotary shelves (dining room)



From the master stair case



A soldier's encampment

The barn

The barn - entrance to the stalls

The spring house

The spring trough

Model of the Adena Mansion grounds


Oh, I wish I could post every picture I took there, but it would take days to upload them - lol! However, in the next post, I will feature photographs of the garments that belonged to the Worthington family and several of those worn by a few reenactors (their handiwork is admirable). Until then, blessings and happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love this place. The floors are fabulous, the lazy suzy amazing. Just wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I would never have known about this place.

    ReplyDelete