Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Regency Picnic



*********************************
Yesterday was the Emerald Parlor's annual Regency picnic at Cowan Lake and it was beautiful! It was one of our most enjoyable picnics. We had the unexpected pleasure of being spectators to a boating race, and they had the unexpected pleasure of being spectators to our historically inspired retreat - the boating referees and event photographers took as many pictures of us as we did of them! lol!

How about some pictures? 

~A good table setting - essential to every picnic!~

~The little girls are always so precious!~

~The big girls getting serious on me!~

~Me and Tonia~

Me, Tonia, and PJ

~Who's winning the race?~

~Chasing the gulls (Miss Elma gave me the sole privilege - lol)~

For next year's picnic we are going to construct our gowns using the rich colors of fall (Would it surprise you that I already have my fabric? I'm proud to be a fabric hussy!) - excited! And speaking of Regency, I have some wonderful photos of Georgian and Regency fashion I have yet to share with you from Kent State! Until next post...

...blessings and happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely spot to have a picnic! Little girls looks so great in Regency. LOL! got her fabric already for next year. That is great. It is better to be ahead of the game...but what if you fall in love with something else in the next 11 months? That always happens...but you will find something to make from it all. Cheers. I am off to an Art Deco picnic this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! :) What you so accurately pointed out ("...but what if you fall in love with something else in the next 11 months?") is precisely why I am a fabric hussy - lol! But in my defense, I cannot anticipate all the lovely dresses I might want - better to be prepared! ;)

      Delete
  2. By the by, come by my blog. I have a little surprise for you.

    ReplyDelete