Sunday, October 14, 2012

Vicky Separates: The Beginning of a Wardrobe


  ********************************************
Well, I don't have much in the way of late Victorian costume (I have one suit, two corsets, and some cotton and linen underthings), so I thought I'd create some separates. To begin, I took my wardrobe inspiration from the lady on the right in the picture above. I adore the shape of her jacket, the crisp white shirtwaist, and the tie. A few months ago I happened across a great deal on some plaid cotton and decided I would use it to create my inspiration suit. A dressmaker can do a lot with gray and black fabric, and from here I constructed a black velveteen vest with split lapels as an alternative to the plaid jacket. It's a good beginning and I am pleased with my Vicky vêtements - :)











What's next on the sewing list? Why, mine and Maria's 1920s dresses for the Great Gatsby movie premiere in December (and maybe a dozen or more things in between) - :)

Blessings and happy sewing! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Your outfit is stunning!!It is so elegant on you :-)
    Congratulation!! I wish I had also an outfit like you.
    Thilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete