Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Coat...

My first project for 2015 - a coat! For this, I used a new Simplicity pattern by designer Leanne Marshall. I constructed my coat from a medium-weight Melton and lined in an electric blue satin; it closes in front by a brushed brass zipper and three large black snaps on the collar. 


The Coat: 



















Treadle Yard Goods has a darling example of this pattern sewn from a double-sided wool with a leather clasp closure for the collar - give it a look! Keep your peepers open for a review of the pattern coming soon on my Simplicity pattern review page.

Blessings and happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Currently making this coat, thanks for the advice!
    http://natsewing.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/simplicity-1254-leanne-marshall-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the finished coat! It's coming along nicely! :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty! It looks like you changed the zipper insertion to avoid the exposed zipper on the left side. I couldn't find your review but I'm curious as to what you did. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When playing with patterns, if I know a better technique than what is in the given instructions, you bet your buttons I switch it up! :) The zipper insertion for this coat was a problem according to the pattern's directions.

      I have not had the chance to publish a review, but I do have pictures of the construction modification that I did for the zipper. Simply put, the zipper placket isn't wide enough - you will have to extend its width.

      Delete