Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Flapper Style at Kent State Museum of Fashion


This past Sunday I spent the afternoon at Kent State Museum of Fashion viewing (ogling, swooning and drooling over) their newest exhibit, Flapper Style: 1920s Fashion. It opened on September 25 and runs until Sunday, September 4, 2016. From evening dresses to day dresses, bridal wear to swim wear, the variations of style during this era are well represented in the exhibit. When I first entered the gallery, I was so taken by it all - the glamor, the brilliance, the colors, the fabrics - I didn't know where to begin, I had to gather myself! Have a peek...

~Evening dress made from black faille silk and black net~


~Pink and lame silk brocade cape~

~Red and tan velvet hat~

~Emerald silk chiffon evening dress with beaded silk satin, pearl and diamond embroidery~


~Orange silk, gold brocade, and pleated lame day dress~

~Beaded evening bag in gold, silver, and navy; gold metal chain and frame~

 For more photos of this fabulous exhibit, please visit my Pinterest page. Blessings and happy ogling!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful exhibition with us. I really love all the adorable dresses. The roaring 20ś are absolutely my favorite era. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of mine, too! If you were in the States, I'd treat you to a visit! :)

      Delete